14 July 2013

where i stand sunday


The art fair swirls around me in a blur of sound and movement and summer heat bouncing off the concrete. My eye locks on the cluster of chalk drawings of classic movie posters. As I step to the edge and look down at the shark, one sentence bounces through my mind:

"We're gonna need a bigger boat."





Full view of the chalk drawing, it really was quite good. :)




Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

3 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

I love chalk art! We have a chalk art festival here in town every year and it is just amazing what people draw!

Jeannie said...

Too funny! We also have a chalk art party every June. It is supposed to be for the little ones to celebrate the end of school. The adults really get into it and always amaze me. I love the ones that are so surreal you think you can crawl inside.

Judith said...

I'm new to the blog and love the idea of "Where I stand ...". Thank you for the inspiration.
Anytime my neighbour's children leave the chalk out, I add a doodle. It's fun and we all enjoy talking about what we drew.