23 June 2013

where i stand sunday

Her day spoke of love, respect, trust and completion.

The word to describe it escapes me. Special, lovely, happy - all do not do it justice. All are too weak and overused and without that special feeling that wrapped itself around the edges of everything that happened. It was a joy to stand with Sidney on her day, to watch her happiness and to wish her all the goodness that the future can bring her and her family.

Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.


Jeannie said...

When I saw the thumbnail photo on Facebook, I thought, "Whoa!!! Lynn has on sandals!!!". Love the shoes - compare and contrast. Wishing Sidney so much joy that her beautiful painted feet dance.

Deb Denson said...

I was there! I totally agree with your observation about words to describe the ceremony and the love that was exchanged. Thank you for giving the moment such a befitting description!
Love the idea for "where I stand". Will be following to see where your feet take you. (Deb D - friend of bride and groom)