23 June 2013

where i stand sunday




Her day spoke of love, respect, trust and completion.

The word to describe it escapes me. Special, lovely, happy - all do not do it justice. All are too weak and overused and without that special feeling that wrapped itself around the edges of everything that happened. It was a joy to stand with Sidney on her day, to watch her happiness and to wish her all the goodness that the future can bring her and her family.



Where I Stand is an ongoing photo essay examining the different places I spend my life standing. Too often we take for granted the everyday places we spend our lives walking on. The ground we tread on has its own stories to tell.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

When I saw the thumbnail photo on Facebook, I thought, "Whoa!!! Lynn has on sandals!!!". Love the shoes - compare and contrast. Wishing Sidney so much joy that her beautiful painted feet dance.

Anonymous said...

I was there! I totally agree with your observation about words to describe the ceremony and the love that was exchanged. Thank you for giving the moment such a befitting description!
Love the idea for "where I stand". Will be following to see where your feet take you. (Deb D - friend of bride and groom)