26 February 2010

my bags are packed...


So what's a girl to do when its already cold and snowy outside? Head farther north of course! And that's just what I'm doing.

I'm sitting here watching the snow fall and drinking my morning coffee before getting ready to drive up north for a weekend with art friends. I admit that I am not a good Michigander - I rarely make it out of the southeast area. I'm looking forward to escaping for a few days and hanging out and making art.

Seems like a good way to chase away the winter blahs. What do you do to combat the cabin fever of the long snowy months?

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Well, if we had long, snowy months, I imagine I'd do the same thing I do during the long, sunny months: knit!

Kim Hambric said...

I hope its a great weekend for you!

Unfortunately, I complain a lot during the cold central PA winters. I enjoy the snow when its falling, but once its down, I moan and groan.

I'm thinking of learning how to crochet. Classes, of course, are a little ways away -- very difficult to get to when it snows. Perhaps I should just get an instructional book.

I have spent this winter cruising the streets of other cities on GoogleMaps. For some reason, it always seems to be spring on GoogleMaps. I like that.