I've been thinking about what to feed the blog for a few days now. I had finally gotten to the point that I figured I would just have to live with two Where I Stand Sunday posts in a row. But it made me kind of twitchy. Couldn't do it. So I bring you randomness that may help you to understand why I've not been blogging lately (translation: I'm boring right now):
1) When I drove to work yesterday morning at the unholy hour of 6:15am, it was 50 degrees and raining. When I walked out of the building in the afternoon at 4pm, it was 28 degrees and snowing. What does this have to do with not blogging? Not a thing, but I find it annoying so I wanted to complain about it.
2) I'm knitting. A lot. But they are all presents so I can't blog about them. The recipients know I'm knitting them but given that I knit at the speed of mud, I'm thinking that by the time I'm done with said gifts, they will have forgotten what they look like and they will feel surprised.
3) I want to clean. Everything. Now. Which is a sure sign that spring is approaching. But my back is not cooperating and I'm trapped on the couch again. I'm trying to figure out if its possible to tie a trash bag to Dooley's tail and just kick things into it while luring him around the house with a cookie. It could work.
4) I'm reading books like they are crack. I'm almost done reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer (the jury is still out on how I like it but considering its 600 pages and I'm almost done with it I can't say I hate it) and Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult and American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Needless to say my dreams have been a little on the odd side lately. Its the equivalent of eating a bowlful of sushi, macaroni and cheese and spicy indian food and wondering why you have a stomach ache afterward.
5) The number of potholes I drive over everyday are making me violently cranky. Probably because my back is going through a bad spell and this is not helping. I'm thinking that one of these days I'm going to hit one and disappear underneath the road. Seriously, they are getting that mammoth.
6) I have a list of about 1,349 projects I want to make. I have the energy for about 2.25. I bought a lottery ticket.
7) I've become obsessed with the IFC station. Tonight I watched a movie in which Kate Winslet played a woman who got sucked into an Indian cult and Harvey Kitel was trying to deprogram her. It ended with Harvey Keitel wearing a red dress. Most of what I see on that station is followed with the me saying, "Huh...now there's something you don't see everyday."
8) I am so boring that I can't think of more then 7 things to babble about. Blech.
So tomorrow I'm thinking I might hole up inside the house, do laundry and practice spinning. I'm feeling a little hermit like lately, maybe that will change once Mother Nature stops abusing us with her mood swings. I'm considering sending her a case of Midol.
Hopefully more interesting posts are lurking in the near future...